My personal bike for riding gravel. Love this type of riding as it allows the technical aspect of off-road riding but still keeping a consistent cadence as when riding the road.
The frame was made with a mix of Columbus tubing: Columbus Zona tubes for its robustness and Columbus HSS for its oversized nature. My position on the gravel bike is very close to my road position with saddle height and set back exactly the same with only my reach 10mm and drop 7mm shorter.
It’s been great exploring many off road sections with this bike within London like Oxley Woods and further out like the North Downs, that I would otherwise never see.
We had fun with the paint design blowing up the Saffron logo by pixelating and using 2 shades of blue and then wrapping it around the Pearl white frame. Pretty stoked by the geometric pattern it made.
I chose a mountain bike specific PRO THARSIS XC seat post for it’s stronger layer of carbon to help manage jumps and technical riding
– wheels made by South Industries based in Cape Town who make carbon hoops
– wide 29’er rims to max out the potential width of the tyre
– shifters are Shimano Di2 Ultergra with flat mount brakes
– Rot0rs are 160mm XTR
– Rear mech is a Shimano XT di2
– The cassette a Sun race and is 10/46
– The chainset an Ingrid with a 42 chain tooth ring
– The bottom bracket is a ride works T47
– The tyres are specifically TERAVAIL which are Cannonballs and 42mm wide.